If you are looking for fire pit tools, there are a few key ones that can improve your fire pit experience and ensure safety. Here are some of the most commonly used tools:
- Fire Poker: A fire poker is a tool used to stir the fire, reposition logs, and adjust the logs safely without getting too close to the flames. Usually made of a long metal rod and hook to push or pull logs into position.
- Fire Tongs: Tongs are useful for grabbing and moving logs or repositioning burning logs. They provide a secure grip and keep your hands a safe distance from the fire. Look for tongs with long handles to avoid getting too close to the fire.
- Fire Starters: A simple fire starter is a must-have tool to start your campfire with ease. Look for a fire starter that is made with all-natural materials such as wood shaving and wax. Avoid harsh chemicals and starter fluids to start your fire.
- Fire Pit Shovel: A fireplace shovel is handy for removing ash and debris from the fire pit. It helps in cleaning the fire pit and maintaining proper airflow for the fire. Look for a shovel with a long handle and a deep scoop for efficient cleaning.
- Firewood Rack or Log Holder: While not a tool in the traditional sense, a firewood rack or log holder can be extremely useful for organizing and storing firewood near your fire pit. It keeps the wood off the ground, helping to keep it dry and readily accessible.
Safety should be a top priority when spending time around a campfire. It is always important to follow local fire regulations, keep a safe distance from the flames.